Sunday, February 19, 2012

Carnival in Cadiz

Yesterday was one of the best days I've had since being in Sevilla. Our family decided to take a day trip to Cadiz to visit some family so Colleen and I had the house to ourselves! I can't tell you how nice it was to just have a day of peace and quite without children running around or Carmen screaming her head off ever couple of hours. Colleen and I both got to sleep in and when we woke up we decided to fix ourselves an actual breakfast! We put papa Luis's fresh eggs from work to good use with our interpretation of Spain's tortilla de patata. It wasn't nearly as pretty as Pilar's but it tasted just as good! Really I think it was just nice to have an actual breakfast and feel more independent cooking for ourselves.

Pretty messy but delicious!


After breakfast, we set up a makeshift yoga studio. Even though really isn't any room in the house to do yoga and we didn't have yoga mats, we still worked our core and felt more blissful afterwards!
The towels really didn't help much but we made it work!

Then after a quick siesta, we went to buy our costumes for Carnival in Cadiz, Spain. Colleen decided to be Minnie Mouse and I was a magician. We met up with our group at 8 to get on the bus and had a great time! Over half a million people came to Cadiz for Carnival this year, but I still managed to see tons of people I knew! Including our TA from UNC who was dressed up as Ginger Spice. The night was definitely an experience, and I'm glad I went. We got back on the bus at 3 and I slept the whole way home. I was tucked into bed by 5 and slept in very late! Now I'm just enjoying my lazy Sunday. 


This Thursday I leave for Milan and then off to Florence. I'm so excited! I've always wanted to go to Italy, and I can't believe I'm actually going this week! I'll be sure to blog all about it when I get back Tuesday. Hasta luego!!


No comments:

Post a Comment