Saturday, March 3, 2012

Soaking up the sun in Ronda

As my Dad has recently and not-so-subtlely informed me, I have not been posting nearly as regularly or as often as I was before. My deepest apologies to you, my loyal followers (all ten of you)! I will try my best to post more often!

This week went by super fast since we only had classes on Wednesday and Thursday after getting back from Italy. Then my last class on Thursday ended up being canceled, so I really can't complain! It will certainly be a reality check having to readjust to studying at UNC when I get back. But for now, I am worry free!

Today Colleen and I woke up early (8:45 if you must know--which is before anything opens here and before our parents woke up) to go to Ronda. Oh and I should also mention that we went out last night only to come home at 1 and find our parents still out and Maria still awake watching tv with the babysitter. We felt judged for coming home so early, but we needed our rest! Anyways, Ronda is a city built on cliffs and is supposed to be a 2 hour and 15 minute bus ride. Our bus driver managed to zip through some pretty windy roads though and got us there in an hour and a half. The ride there was absolutely breathtaking, and Ronda itself was one of the most naturally beautiful places I have ever been. We spent the entire day hiking the cliffs and walking around under the bridge (Puente Nueva--which is what you'll see in practically every picture). It was so relaxing to just sit out in the sun and take in the view. We packed ourselves our own homemade bocadillos--which ended up just being tomatoes and lettuce on bread, but was delicious just the same! We were just happy not to be stuck with another pate sandwhich...the sight of which I can't help comparing to wet dog food. We also had oranges, cookies, and a bag of our favorite chips! All in all it was a great and relaxing trip! One which I can't wait to do with my parents when they come in a few weeks!!


I think Ronda will best be explained through pictures. So, enjoy! Oh, and GO HEELS tonight! Looks like Colleen and I will be watching it from our kitchen again. The bar said they wouldn't show it since they close at 2 anyway...but rest assured, we WILL be watching!


Doing warrior! Thought you'd like this one, Mom!










No comments:

Post a Comment