Saturday, January 21, 2012

It feels like we've been here for so long! It's absolutely crazy that it's only been a week and a half.

I found out yesterday that I won't be having any Friday classes once I start my classes at the University! Traveling will be much easier over long weekends now! I'm taking 2 classes at EUSA (a foreign exchange student building) which will be Spain and Islam and a Spanish literature class. At the university I'll be taking a History of Movies class and a Geography of Andalucia class. I emailed the professors to ask if I could take the exams early and they both responded that I could (exams here are for a 2 month period of time so they last through all of June and July---very different from UNC's intense 2 week long exam period!). The best part is that I think I should be able to make it home in time for my cousin Ann's wedding on the 9th of June (granted, i'll be extremely jet lagged, but everyone knows you don't want to miss a Barber family wedding).

I wish I had more news to report but as it turns out I've had the worst cold the past few days (all thanks to Carmen who has had a runny nose/cough for a while and loves to climb all over me). So last night Colleen and I both decided that the excursion to Ronda just wouldn't be worthwhile. Plus our plan to rent the two cars never worked out because the company overbooked us so we were going to have to wake up at 8 to go buy tickets. When it gets warmer I'm sure we'll all go. So today should be a very relaxing day. I think we're going to go eat some gelato and maybe get a cafe con leche. Then tonight the Sevilla v. Betis game comes on which is a big rivalry here so we're going to go out to dinner and watch it. Luis just told us that they have season tickets to the Sevilla home games and that they're going to have extras at the Villareal v. Sevilla game. I was willing to pay 25 euros for a ticket but free sounds pretty good too!

Well I must go as Maria is bugging us about teaching her new english words. Hasta luego!

3 comments:

  1. I agree that it seems like you have been there longer than a week and a half. I am enjoying my first January saturday off since I got out of college 35 years ago. I am sorry to hear about your cold. Get some rest. Enjoy your weekend, and I am jealous that you will have all 3 day weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like you have been gone for a month! Enjoy every minute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are feeling better and I am excited that you can take your exams early and make it back for your cousin Anne's wedding!

    ReplyDelete