Sunday, January 29, 2012

This weekend has been very relaxing! On Friday we decided to just have a low key night and met up with some girls at a mexican restaurant called Tex Mex. The four of them had been there last week at the same time and on the same day. They told us margaritas there were 2.50 each so we all ordered some. Turns out after hanging out there for a while, the margaritas were actually 5 euros each. Wasn't a huge deal for those of us that didn't order very many, but 2 of the girls ordered 6 each and with food and drinks totaled spent 70 euros. We felt really bad for them, but at least we all learned a lesson to ask how much drinks are before ordering them! Who knows whether or not they were actually 5 euros or whether they were just ripping us off.


Colleen and I went home after that (well we stopped at a bar and got Pringles out of a vending machine---they were too cute to pass up!). We had to wake up early on Saturday (and by that I mean 9:30ish--but hey it was before our parents woke up!) to go to Italica. Italica is about 20 minutes outside of Sevilla and is essentially Roman ruins. Mostly it was just a bunch of rocks and was pretty boring. There was a pretty cool coliseum there which is apparently the 3rd largest in the world.


Artsy photo of me and two girls at one of the doors to the coliseum 

Gabi and I at the center of the coliseum 
When we got back to Sevilla, I finally got the pizza I'd been craving! Turns out I was somewhat of a trend setter because about 15 other people joined us. It was the best pizza I think I'd ever had (also helped that I happened to be starving). We had been told that we could just have leftovers because our family was going out for lunch with some friends who were visiting. Then of course we find out later that the kids are getting pizza for lunch while their parents go out drinking....and we had to eat the leftovers we missed at lunch. But I'm not sure I would have made it to dinner anyways. The kids were actually watching the Parent Trap in spanish last night! Except apparently in Spanish it's called, "Tu a Londres y yo a California". Very odd.

Anyways last night we went out to watch a Barcelona futbol game (which is becoming quite a habit I guess). We stayed out pretty late but had a pretty good time. I did start to get a bad migrane but luckily it didn't last for too long.

This morning Colleen set an alarm to wake up early and go find this animal market we had read about online. They were supposed to have tons of puppies there every Sunday morning until 2. Unfortunately, we rode all around both locations we had heard of and couldn't find it. We asked a policeman and apparently animal markets are illegal in Sevilla. After doing some research apparently they have shut it down :( So I didn't get in my puppy fix for this week. Colleen and I both miss our dogs!

When we came back home our parents were preparing the paella for lunch. They had company over and we didn't end up eating until 3:45. I was starving but it was delicious! Our parents are still out in the family room drinking...which I think they do more of than we do. Last night Luis (the dad) came into our room twice just to ask us what we were doing. He was clearly pretty tipsy but it made for a good laugh.

On a final note, Colleen and I have partly planned another trip! We're planning on taking a trip during our week long spring break the first week in April to 3 different countries. We'd fly into Dublin, Ireland, stay there for 2.5 days, fly to Amsterdam, stay there for 2 days and then take a train to Berlin. Traveling expenses total will be around 350 euros which isn't too bad for 3 countries! I mean then obviously we'll spend money on hostals and food but I think it'll be worth it.

Well that's all I have to say for now! We're going to go watch the UNC game tonight which I'm pretty excited for. Go heels! Talk to you guys later!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you've had a great weekend and that you'll get to see the Carolina game...GO HEELS!!!!

    ReplyDelete